Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday Truth.


Last night my husband and I had a 'come to Jesus' about our finances and how to cut costs.  It seemed like the easiest way was to get rid of our cleaning lady (insert tears here...).  I know I know, having this little service is a luxury, but I sure did love to come home every other Tuesday to a clean house.  What we weren't loving, though, was the $75 cost that came with each cleaning.  So today I've been searching for a cleaning schedule in my free time.  Nothing seems great...yet...which is why we'll probably make our own schedule (because I know if this thing doesn't exist, the house will not be clean).  

But, the one common trend I found out there was that many people try to start a load of laundry every day and then finish it up that night.  Maybe this isn't as mind-boggling to you as it is to me.  We used to do laundry on Thursday nights and through the weekend.  Then, during the week we wouldn't have to worry about it - it was done.  Now that we have another little one in the mix (who is a champ at blowing out diapers), I've come to find that laundry is NEVER done.  So, rather than stress about it or get a little irritated that I left the kitchen dishtowels downstairs or the occasional 'potty accident' bag from daycare, I figure there'll always be a load the next day.  

So, starting today (if I have a full load of laundry - because we don't like to waste) I'm going to try tossing it in in the morning.  We'll see how it goes...and if clothes actually get folded...and then put away.  Don't even get me started on ironing.

What are your best laundry secrets?  Do you wash baby clothes and adult clothes separately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you!