Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Prep and planning


2 working parents + 2 kids in daycare = lots of lunch packing to get through the week. I've found that a little time on Sunday, typically during naps, means a whole lot less stress and more QT with my family during the week.



 I also try to do as much freezer cooking as possible, so healthy dinners take less prep on week nights. For example, I'll double or triple my batch of ground turkey taco meat and freeze portions for a quick family dinner or a (yummy!) taco salad lunch. Or, we'll grill a few extra chicken breasts of a salad later in the week, or to throw on pasta mid-week. I'm always looking for ways to cook smarter and save time! What are other cooking secrets of working moms? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you!